This is the personal writings of Edward Ross; Data Scientist, Writer and Learner.
Things I’ve built
- Whatcar.xyz a Deep Learning classifier for Australian cars (inference source).
- A system for extracting and cleaning Australian job ads from Common Crawl.
Things I’ve written about
I like to write lots of small articles on skeptric.com.
- Calculating Moving Averages in SQL
- Searching Common Crawl with CDX
- Searching common Crawl with Athena
- Finding near duplicates with Minhash
- Calculating the Centroid on a Spherical Polygon
- Constant models as baselines for predictive modelling
Things I’ve worked through
I sometimes keep examples of tutorials and books I’ve worked through
- Computational Exercises from All of Statistics by Larry Wasserman
- Exercises from Regression and Other Stories
- Baking Pi Tutorial for building a Baremetal OS on Raspberry Pi
- Some NLP algorithms inspired bu Jurefsky’s Speech and Language Processing, 3rd edition
You can email me at email@example.com